03 May Accounts Assistant
The Accounts Assistant is a key role within Teckro’s Finance Department. This role has a strong Accounts Payable function within it and additionally requires a person with some technical accounting ability and experience of accounting systems as the successful candidate will support the Financial Accountant with their duties. The Accounts Assistant will report directly to the Financial Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the accounts payable process to ensure the timely and accurate payment of approved invoices and expense reports
- Resolve vendor, internal and audit AP queries
- Operation of employee expense and purchasing management systems
- Bank and credit card transactions posting and reconciliations
- Responsibility for maintaining all ledgers on the accounts system, i.e. Debtors, Creditors, Bank and Nominal Ledger
- Ensure adherence to internal controls to minimize risk to the organization and provide support for internal and external audits
- Responsibility for preparation and submission of statutory VAT & VIES Returns
- Support the Financial Accountant with month end accounting activities and provide support and cover to the Finance team members as required
- Undertake other duties in-line with the role and business requirements as required
- Two years previous experience in an accounts/administration role
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable policies and best business practices
- Experience of dealing with suppliers & internal stakeholders
- High level of numerical accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of MS office packages – specifically Excel and Word
- Highly motivated with an ability to take ownership and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a team
- Payroll administration an advantage
- Experience of SAGE accounting systems and SAGE Micropay an advantage but not a requirement
What We Do
We have created products and services that make actionable information instantly accessible to clinical trial patients, site staff, and study teams. It’s exciting, it’s innovative, and it’s making a difference.
Building great products to advance clinical research depends on great people. As a rapidly growing company, we want talented professionals to join our team. For us, the right personality fit is as important as the right skill set and experience. We want all of our team to have a passion for challenge and innovation, and to bring new ideas and a great attitude.
What we offer
At Teckro we are bringing together people from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a wide range of expertise. We value individuals who are willing to step outside their traditional roles to learn from and influence those around them. We’re dedicated to building a company where people thrive and grow in their roles. And we offer benefits specifically catered to our staff because we know you do your best work when you’re healthy and happy.
If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us!
- Supportive management who love coaching and growing talented people
- Market leading products that solve real client problems
- Open and sociable working environment
- Competitive salary
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with health benefits
- Regular company events
- Prime locations in Ireland and Nashville
- The latest MacBooks are our team standard, but we’re happy to discuss whatever additional equipment you need